HVAC/R SERVICE TECHNICIAN
What is an HVAC/R (MES) Service Technician?
The HVAC/R Service Technician/ Mechanical Equipment Service Person is a skilled craftsperson who installs, services, and repairs industrial and commercial refrigeration and air conditioning equipment according to blueprints and engineering specifications. They connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilating fans to control panels. The servicer is responsible for maintaining numerous pieces of equipment, diagnosing problems, and taking corrective action when necessary.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 5 years
· Probationary period-1 year
· Minimum of 238 hours of classroom
related training each year
· Starting pay-65% serviceman wage
We currently have a partnership with Owens Community College
that will allow apprentices to receive college credits working
toward a two-year associate’s degree
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age by the date of employment
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Have a valid driver’s license and no more than
4 points against license
What will be helpful to succeed?
· General math, algebra, geometry and trigonometry
· General science, chemistry and physics
· Drafting, blueprint reading and mechanical drawing
· Welding, metal and machine shop
Where do I apply?
Matt Taylor, Training Coordinator
Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
Local 392 Training Center
1300 Century Circle North
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
Page Last Updated: Oct 11, 2021 (11:32:24)